The Nostalgia RMO400RED is a red retro microwave that is beautifully sleek, much like the classic red cars in the 1960s. It comes with an LED display and 12 easy to use pre-programmed settings. Its five power levels cooks and heats food quickly and evenly, saving you time spent in the kitchen.
Product Type: Countertop
Overall Dimension: 19 x 15 x 11 inch (48.2 x 38.2 x 27.9cm)
Capacity: 0.9 cubic feet
Primary Material: Metal
Weight: 30.7 lbs (13.9kg)
Wattage: 800 watt
- Child safety feature
- Sleek design
- 12 pre-programmed cooking choices
- LED lighted control panel
- Quality control needs to be better
If you love retro styled things, then this is the perfect microwave for your home kitchen. The Nostalgia RMO400RED is an eye-catching red microwave with accenting chrome lines and smooth rounded edges. It has a sleek chrome door handle and an oval window that allows you to see on the inside.
Instead of confusing number pads and numerous buttons, this microwave has only one simple turn and push program dial and 4 buttons. The four buttons on the bottom right hand side are the power button, the express button, the delay/clock button and the stop/cancel button. The turn and push program dial allows you to set the required cooking time, food weight as well as choose a program setting.
The Nostalgia RMO400 was also designed with convenience in mind. Although it is compact sized, this microwave has a large cooking cavity that allows you to fit a standard size plate. It’s the perfect kitchen appliance to help you prepare food especially when you are pressed for time.
The Nostalgia RMO400RED is a powerful 800watt microwave oven with 0.9 cubic foot capacity. It defrosts, cooks and heats up food very quickly with its five power levels.
You can also use the 12 pre-programmed food choices to cook or heat up your food in the most time and energy efficient way. The pre-programmed choices that are available are frozen entrees, chicken, beef, fish, dinner plates, pizza, bread, rice, potatoes, vegetables, popcorn and beverages.
Additionally, with the rotating glass carousel, food is cooked evenly. This is definitely a kitchen appliance that not only looks great, but helps you save time when cooking.
This retro microwave comes with an easy to read LED lighted control panel that displays the current time. It also highlights the pre-programmed popular food choices mentioned above.
The Nostalgia RMO400RED also comes with a good sized turntable that enables you to easily fit plates and bowls of all sizes, providing that it is not bigger than the exterior size of the microwave of course!
If you have small children around, you will be happy to know that this microwave has a child safety lock. With this feature, you do not have to worry about accidents happening to your little ones.
Is It Worth Buying?
At $151.99, this compact beauty is worth the money. As a microwave, it is easy to use, easy to clean, and durable. Its LED lighted control panel is easily readable and its 800W wattage enables it to heat food quickly. No matter what style your kitchen is, the retro design and its red color will make it a stand out and could potentially be a conversation starter.
What Are Others Saying?
As always, it is good to consider what others are saying before purchasing a product. Here are some positive comments
- Using solidly for 3 months now. Works great. Love the spinning dial.
- Beautiful machine, arrived in excellent condition, color is gorgeous deep red with a car like shine that mimics the old car styles, bottom controls are nice, smooth and easy. Like anything new it takes a bit to get used to. The space inside is deep and great, you get a glass rotating table, super efficient when heating.
- It’s exactly what I was looking for. A little lighter weight wise than I had thought but it’s fine for what I intend to use it for.
- Works very well, fast and easy settings. Looks wonderful.
- We bought the microwave, toaster, and kettle. Love them all, well worth the money! They all work great and look even better!
And unfortunately, some negative comments:
- On my first time using it the turntable would not function. It was completely locked up. I hoped it would break free so I wouldn’t have to return it but no such luck. Back in the box after only a few hours. It looks awesome, but very cheaply made.
- I love the look of this thing, but quality control needs to work harder. When we first turned it on it sparked, arced and the little pseudo metallic screen on the wall of the interior blew off.
- About 85% of the time, this microwave works as one would expect. But the rest of the time, not so much. Sometimes during use, the light will go out, the fan will shut off, but the timer will continue and the microwave clearly ceases to heat the contents. The only remedy is to unplug and wait a full 10 seconds before plugging in again, otherwise the problem continues. Otherwise, it’s great.
The Nostalgia RMO400RED is a microwave oven for those who love all things retro. Its sleek design and red color will remind you of life in the 60s. With excellent features, and an affordable price, this microwave oven is definitely worth it.
Buy the Nostalgia RMO400RED Retro on Amazon now!